Saturday, June 1, 2013

Houses finished

February was my month as the quilter for our do.Good Stitches circle. I asked for wonky houses and trees. It's taken a long time to get around to quilting it. I'll cite the four quilts I've made in the mean time plus the kitchen renovation as the guilty parties there!

 

As a refresher, the quilt top looked like this, minus the head at the top.

It was tricky trying to figure out how to quilt this with all the disparate blocks. Eventually, I settled on outline quilting most of the shapes and heavily quilting the white spaces. Most of the lines on the white are a quarter inch spacing (roughly because I didn't mark it).

 

We had a vote on the binding and the black and white stripe won, not my choice but we were being democratic!

 

So, that's quilt number 7 for the year!

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt! I like the stripey binding - it frames all the different blocks really nicely and keeps an identity of its own.

    ReplyDelete