Monday, May 27, 2013

The Wedding Quilt

At the start of May we drove the 14 hour return trip to attend the wedding of some friends. The weather and the setting were beautiful, if a little chilly, it was Canberra in May! I made a quilt for our wedding gift.

This quilt was made as part of a quilt-along run by Christa.

I started with this jelly roll that I've been saving for over a year.

After lots of cutting and pressing there were lots of these!

This block forms the basis of this quilt (yes, I did unpick that top one and re-sew it!)and once you get to this stage there are lots of different layout options. I went with the hugs and kisses layout as I thought it was significant for a wedding present.

 

Then it got a lovely border.

I even had the perfect fabric for the back.

I quilted it in a hatch pattern, using the squares in the piecing as my guide.

And it's bound in the scraps from the piecing.

 

I loved making this quilt!

 

1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful!!! I still have my jelly roll now I guess I have to find a use for mine!!

    ReplyDelete