Friday, August 10, 2012

And the productivity continues!

 I had committed to making two quilts for Siblings Together. One was our Cherish bee quilt that I finished a while ago. I wanted to make another one too so I took a quilt top that I finished last year and bagged and quilted it. I love how it turned out, so did my kids and it only took a couple of hours to bag and quilt it. I've been procrastinating for nearly a year about finishing this quilt! So I posted both quilts last week and hopefully they have found new homes.

Backing from Ikea, I love this one and have some left
For July's do.Good stitches we were asked to make aqua and red blocks with grey or white background. It seemed like a good opportunity to practise my machine curve piecing. It went surprisingly well, I think all the garment sewing is really helping with sewing curves.


August's blocks are snail trails in blue and grey. This was a really fun block to do and quite quick. It would be really effective in a quilt.












3 comments:

  1. wow - you've been busy - love all your clothes making and that little checked coat is just gorgeous - very productive couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Snails Trail blocks...were they hard to do?

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete