Friday, June 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog Meet

I haven't linked up with Lynne's blog for a while but I've done a bit more quilting this month.

First up, I've finally finished the Cherish group quilt from December January.  Backed with a generous donation from a friend I quilted it with an all over stipple and bound it with the same fabric as the back. This quilt is going to Siblings Together.


I also made another quilt this month that I gave straight away again. This one went to my kids school as a raffle prize for their Afghan Appeal Fund.

I have one  more quilt in progress. It is half quilted and needs to be finished in the next week!

I did some completely un-sewing craft this month too. My younger daughter and I went to a ceramic painting shop and spent a couple of lovely hours painting these:














 

If you want to see what other people have been up to this month, click on the links below!

Lily's QuiltsLily's Quilts

9 comments:

  1. Did you really finish 2 quilts in a month? Very impressed - I'm struggling to get a top finished a month! At least it's a long weekend and I'm determined, jubilee or not, to sew sew sew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really accomplished a lot. I love the teapot! I found your blog at Lily's Quilts. I am pleased to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach huts quilt and the teapot - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two finished quilts to give away is fantastic! Love the ceramic teapot too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts! I like that house/bunting fabric on the second. And your pottery is lovely. My girls loving going to pottery places with their grandma's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are lovely, but I adore your teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the quilts and the pots - everyone is being so 'British' and it's making me miss home! Glad to have found you at Lily's Quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your quilts look so great! The Cherish one is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne.. Back from the Retreat... It was Great Fun... Start making plans to go next year as it looks like it will happen again..

    ReplyDelete