Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Something new!

I tried something new yesterday. I made this purse. I love this fabric so when I saw a kit for a purse with it in I couldn't resist!


 The sewing was straight forward, although my cutting could have done with a little forethought! I was cutting the fourth side on one of the side pieces when I realised that I'd cut it upside down! (See how dark the first photo is compared to this one, they were taken between 2 and 3 yesterday afternoon in the same place, it got very dark, very quickly, but it didn't snow!)

When it came to gluing it all together I couldn't get my head around how to get the two pieces that were shaped so differently together. Eventually I just took a deep breath and stuck it together!


I've also finished the second embroidery block from Clover and Violet's Embroidery 101.

This morning I had some time to waste so I went to the Red Cross Bookshop and picked up these beauties.
This one is for my Mum if she wants it!

I'm linking to Lilys Quilts for Lynne's Small Blog Meet today.
Small Blog Meet

12 comments:

  1. Love your bag, nice job. I see you are also playing the "Hello Kitty" QAL -- can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the purse - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that purse and that fabric so cute! your embroidery is lovely too. nice to meet you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Encyclopedia of Advanced Dressmaking got my heart beating a little faster. I recently had a great find like this at a thrift shop....called Sewing for the Apparel Industry. Cheers to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purse is brilliant! Do you mind me asking where you got the kit from please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same head scratching when I made my first purse (UHandbag right?)- how the heck to you get the frame on. Like you I eventually just dived in and it ended up being pretty straighforward. Your edge stitching is far better than mine was :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your purse is fantastic anne - love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found you on the small blog meet and can't wait to see more of your blog. Love your embroidery and just started a lot of embroidery myself in January. When you get a chance I would love for you to stop by mine as well and have a look :) I hope your having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I'm visiting from the small blog meet. What a cute little purse. I love the fabric! I've been eyeballing that same collection for awhile now, but still haven't purchased any. I need to use some stuff from my stash before I get any new fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete