Monday, January 2, 2012

Would you like to see my Etchings?

Okay, don't tell my husband, I'm in love with this line of fabric! The Love Letters Block of the Month that I am doing uses Etchings by 3Sisters and it is so gorgeous. There are masculine prints and feminine prints and they work together beautifully. My favourite so far is a grey on grey houndstooth, I could see a skirt or even a coat made out of it. Then a blouse in a co-ordinating print to go with it!

Anyway, the sum of all this is that I've been working on blocks 2 and 3 of the Love Letters Block of the Month. They are more complicated than they look and very time consuming. There are two blocks in each pattern and each block measures 17.5".

Block 2



 See that sunshine in the corner of block 2? That made us all go out this afternoon. The sunshine looked much warmer from inside than it actually was outside! It was good to get out in the fresh air and sunshine though.
Block 3

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are lovely! Glad to hear you got a little sunshine. It was almost 50F yesterday and tomorrow we have a winter storm warning with a high of 16F. Brrrr. Stay warm and sew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a charm pack of etchings and not sure what to do with it, I love the greys and pinks, but think it needs an additional colour

    ReplyDelete