Friday, January 27, 2012

Baskets of goodness

I find it really hard to find good party favours that I'm happy to give to other peoples' kids. When I saw this tutorial on Ayumi's blog I knew it would be perfect for my daughter's birthday party. I made a prototype for my little boy.

 He's put it to good use!

 Then I made six more for my daughter's friends. I need to make two more but I don't need those until Monday.
 All the fabric came from my stash (a lot of it from my scrap bin!) apart from this gorgeous linen that I bought last week (I had a plan for it but I can't remember what it was). I love this linen and I have enough left to make a bag for myself! Or a skirt, hmmmm, maybe I need some more.
 

2 comments:

  1. Lots of colourful bags - wonder what they will store in them!? I have perle cotton thread in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - good job - and such wonderful favours - the kids are going to love them...and a skirt in that gorgeous linen? it would look fantastic - I love the look of linen clothes but they get untidy so quickly on me

    ReplyDelete