Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wet Weekend!

This is what my sewing room looked like on Saturday morning. After spending most of yesterday pottering around in there it still looks pretty much like this! 

Late yesterday afternoon my younger daughter and I spent some time with my Go!Baby and the scraps left from my Christmas quilt. After putting them all together I have a back for the quilt, which I think I like better than the front!


It was very windy outside, but I did manage to get a picture in the daylight! Not long afterwards it started raining, as you can see in the next picture, and it hasn't stopped since. I loaded the quilt up on the frame and have finished quilting it. I just need to bind it tomorrow. The quilting frame is fairly new and it has been living in the garage for the last 4 months. This is the third quilt I've quilted on it and I can never remember how to load the quilt onto the leaders. This time it only took 2 attempts before I had them all winding the right way!  I still need lots of practice, the front of the quilt looks great but the back isn't so pretty in places.

I'll get it bound tomorrow (hopefully) and have a completed picture.

2 comments:

  1. a room like that reflects an artistic mind!! Thats my excuse anyway!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's some, erm, creative chaos going on there! Looks like you had fun though!

    ReplyDelete