Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

At the start of 2011 I was making clothes, only clothes, mostly for the children. Then my daughter asked me to make a quilt for her birthday. To be honest, it wasn't the first time, she asked me for her 4th birthday in 2010 as well. This time I had no excuse. So, running with her request that it be a blue and orange quilt, I made her a quilt for her birthday.

Once she had a quilt, everyone wanted one. My older daughter, my twins and my youngest. Once you make that many quilts in one year, you are either done making quilts forever or you are hooked. I was definitely hooked. I discovered quilting blogs, I joined a charity quilting bee and I started a blog!


I think my total number of quilts completed this year is 7. I also made teacher gifts at the end of the school year and for Christmas for all of the kids teachers. And Christmas presents for all of my family including nieces and nephews.

Here is a summary of some of my 2011 projects and finishes.

There are more but I think one of my New Year's resolutions might need to be to organise my photos on my computer!

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment