Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Process

There have been lots of fabrics and patterns this year in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the US Civil War. I joined a block of the month for the Civil War Tribute Quilt. I'm up to month 5 of this BOM, actually, I've now done months 1, 2 and 5. 3 and 4 are languishing. I thought I'd share some of the process with you.

This is what I had after cutting out all the pieces, see all those triangles! I had to make 4 identical blocks. It always looks daunting at this point.
 After the first round of stitching and pressing I had this.

 Then this, it starts to look a lot less daunting at this point.
 Nearly there, you can see the shape of the block now, this is where I often stitch a row on upside-down!
 The finished block!



3 comments:

  1. I do that clever upside down thing too that's why I lay out my block and only chain piece when I know what I'm doing - which isn't that often!

    Great block!

    ReplyDelete