Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Roundup and Small Blog Meet

October is already gone, without any of the fabled snow. The kids are starting to work on their Christmas lists and everyone is thinking about Christmas (or in denial). I'm linking up with Lynne's Small Blog Meet.


Small Blog Meet

This is a wonderful way to meet new bloggers and let other people know about your blog.

I'm also linking up with Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day to show what I achieved in October, although with visiting parents and in-laws here for the whole month I didn't get a lot done. I don't know how to do the cool mosaic thingy that lots of people do, if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful!

Secret project

First block for SewSweetness Quilt Along
Second block for SewSweetness Quilt Along


This quilt top had been sitting around since April, I finally quilted it.

October blocks for do.good stitches charity bee.

Table runner which I bought the kit for but didn't realise that it had no pattern included. I improvised the patern. I've decided I don't like the colours in it and it still needs to be quilted.

This is the top, still awaiting quilting.

Again, just the top is finished.


Layout for hand stitched quilt for my niece. Some of the blocks are nearly finished.


Fresh Sewing Day

18 comments:

  1. ooo. You have done alot! I am wondering if we are in on the same secret project....hmmm. RE: the mosaic - go to bighugelabs.com, scroll down & click 'mosaic'. Then you can enter url's or upload from your computer. Email me if you need more help! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red and aqua quilt top and the quilt for your niece - gorgeous fabrics and colours in both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie, I'll check it out.

    Thank you Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blocks for the quilt along, that trunk is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi glad to meet you! will be following now too! let me know how you get on with the doodle stitching book. Love the red and aqua too. Is it possible to share where you got the aqua fabric? I have a friend who has ordered a table runner from me in those very colours and like this shade! thanks Collette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your hungry caterpillar quilt, but all of your work is lovely. And looks like a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, I love the red and aqua quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a busy and productive month! I love the hungry caterpillar quilt and those two quilt tops look great! I used picasa to make my mosiac :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Santa's suit block is so creative. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt tops are lovely, especially the colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so into stars right now!! Great job! I found you through small blog meet, I think that is so cool to help us get to know each other. Love your work & please stop by mine as well. I look forward to see what all you get done in November. January T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your star quilt is just amazing! So beautiful.
    the one you don't like the colours of? I suspect it is the peachy colour that is upsetting the mix. Is there any way of adjusting things to make you love it more? Maybe a tie-it together mix round the outside? It is beautifully done. As are all the beauties you are showing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi anne - just joined you too! love the secret project block - it'll look fabulous - and wow, you've been busy this month - that stars quilt top is something - well done to you.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..you've got a lot done.
    I especially love Santa and truck blocks...the layout for the hand stitched quilt is looking great too.

    BTW, I found you through Lily's quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even with inlaws you managed to squeeze out time to make some yummies! I like the bottom pics of the quilt you are working on for your niece. Looks like it's going to be spectacular. I love the way pink and turquoise look together. And the fabric in your secret project looks fun!!!! I look forward to checking back in to see how November goes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Star Quilt and your Secret Project and how Fun! I am your newest follower, I Love all your works... Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so excited to see your Hungry Caterpillar quilt. I am going to be making one with some of the fabric from that line. My friends baby is due soon so I need to get going.

    I found your blog through Small Blog Meet. What a great idea, Lynne had.

    ReplyDelete