Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More Christmas blocks

We sadly said good-bye to our visitors today. We've been busy for the last few days so I haven't got much sewing done. I have completed blocks 3 and 4 of the Sewsweetness QAL.

 Block 3 was straightforward. All the detail is in the applique and the embroidery. The stockings are made from scraps from the quilts I have made for my children this year. The bow is crooked, this was the second attempt, I had to pull the first one out. The fire was supposed to be applique but I wanted to try it in embroidery. I'm really happy with how it turned out.


Block 4 was a straightforward 8-point star that went together very easily and quickly.

I'm going to try and put block 5 together tonight so that I am all caught up for block 6 tomorrow!

1 comment: