Thursday, November 24, 2011

Doh!


I spent a considerable amount of brain time today trying to figure out this block.

Only to realise in the final pressing that it really did matter that I didn't completely follow the instructions! I rescued the block several times along the way but because I was mostly using 2.5" strips, I don't think it is salvageable. However, on reflection, I almost like it. It is far to large for what I intended it to be anyway, it was going to be a mug rug but it is more of a pillow size.

I did make progress on the mug rug front but I'll quilt them first before I share. I've been piecing with my Aurifil threads which I won from Lynne over at Lily's Quilts. I really like it, it makes a nice flat seam.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment