Monday, November 7, 2011

Blue and Orange everywhere

For our do.good stitches block in November we were asked to make two blocks using aqua and orange shades. I thought this would be easy because I had fabric left over from this quilt that I made earlier this year.


When I pulled out my scraps they were the wrong shades of blue and orange. Luckily I had some other fabric in my stash that was the right colour. I had a couple of blocks that I wanted to try out. I've never made a log cabin block before. The result was this.


Next up was this block. Every seam on this block was a Y-seam. I got better as I went on but this technique still needs some practise.

As I was addressing the parcel I realised that these blocks were staying in the UK and I didn't have to rush to post them after all! Oh well, on to the next task. Back to Christmas blocks for the QAL.






2 comments: