Sunday, November 13, 2011

Block 3 of the Civil War Tribute Quilt

I started this block when it arrived but shelved it when life got busy. I pulled it out this morning hoping to have a quick finish. Only to find that my triangles looked like this.

 Ooops! A little while spent unpicking 48 (remember that number) triangles, and I had these instead.


 Only I didn't have 48, there were only 46, I don't know where the other two went but I had to make up two more from the scant scraps that remained. The fabric given for this block of the month is not generous. I already had to beg some extra blue from my friend (luckily she has an amazing stash!) for the pinwheel triangles.

The final result is 2 18.5" blocks.
 And 2 12.5" blocks.

Despite the hassles this is my favourite block so far.





3 comments:

  1. Nice block! Looks great now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you hate it when you sew the wrong bit to the wrong bit?? nonetheless, it's a fab block. btw - i got your block in the mail today and it is playing beautifully with the others. cheers

    ReplyDelete