Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Busy day

I had a busy day today but one of the blocks is Top Secret so I can't show it here. I also had to take the children to the pound shop (like a dollar shop) to spend their pocket money.

I thought I'd join in Sara's Quilt Along. I ordered fabrics last week and they arrived today.

I've been wanting an excuse to buy some Flurry fabric and this Quilt Along was the perfect one.

The first block was a tricky foundation piecing block. I ripped a few seams and demanded total silence from the children. Eventually I ended up with this.
I'm quite happy with the result. It needs squaring up and some presents in the tray of the truck. I may embroider a driver too. I knew the truck would be reversed from the pattern and decided that that was fine with me. The angles on the piecing were tricky and I'm happy that most of the lines are straight.

There will be a new block for this Quilt Along posted tomorrow and I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment