Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bloggers' Quilt Festival

I'm linking into Amy's Bloggers' Quilt Festival.

Amy'sCreativeSide

The quilt I am sharing is one that I made for my daughter's teacher. He was her first formal teacher (we had home-educated before) and he left the school at the end of her first year at school, right after I started quilting. I got my daughter to trace around the hands of each of her classmates and her teacher. She also asked them what their favourite colour was.

I cut out each child's hand in their favourite colour and appliqued it to the quilt top. The teacher's hand print is in the centre. I then echo quilted around all the hands until the children's hands met the teacher's hand.  Here is the end result.








Here is a closeup of the quilting.




14 comments:

  1. great quilt!!

    and such a lovely memory for the teacher and class

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, idea, gift and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice idea and beautifully implemented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such an appropriate quilt for a teacher. My, how difficult it must have been to make a round quilt! That echo quilting really suits the design. You're a generous and good mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Love the way you did the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your encouraging comments. The quilt was fun to make although I did have my moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really nice idea, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, great story and I really am loving the circle shape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just precious! What a super clever idea. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely fabulous quilt- such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt - thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete